1-on-1s ⚡ by Roots is live. Check out the newest addition to the Roots platform today!
Learn More
Our Mission

To help organizations foster employee growth and success.

Our vision for Roots is to become the foundational HR layer on which all organizations grow. Founded in 2017 by two friends navigating the corporate world, Roots is dedicated to reshaping HR, to ridding the workplace of bureaucracy for the sake of bureaucracy, and to positively impacting employee wellness, productivity, and retention.

Meet the Team
We like to be


Roots was born out of a desire to move faster at work, as we always felt bogged down by bureaucracy and needless processes in our prior jobs. We believe the future of work is agile and we want to be a part of that movement.
We love to

Help People

When we first sat down to build Roots, we discussed our goals for founding the company - our core driver was and still is that we want to make meaningful change in the world, to positively impact people's lives.
We want to

Streamline HR

HR folks are all-stars and work hard every day to give us the best work-lives possible. By freeing them up from the manual processes and bulky tech they're accustomed to, we hope they'll get back to what they do best: elevating people.

Douglas Franklin

CTO & Co-Founder

Prior to founding Roots, Doug spent time as an engineer at Facebook and Logitech building products from scratch and taking good care of existing customers. He is 99% focused on people and product, with the remaining 1% of focus directed towards planning his next trip abroad.

When he’s not working or traveling, you can find Doug at the climbing gym, camping, or eating feta cheese.

Kevin Corliss

CEO & Founder

Kevin's dream for Roots is to help all companies create environments where their employees can flourish.

Prior to founding Roots, Kevin was a growth hacker and acquisition marketer at Care.com. He spends much of his time outdoors - traveling, fishing, skiing - and is always looking for new book suggestions, especially if they have to do with startups or post-apocalyptic futures. "Anything where doom seems inevitable" as he likes to put it.

Want to be part of our team?

We are a 100% remote company (with members primarily based in the U.S.), looking for talented and passionate people from around the world to join us in our mission to help companies foster employee growth and success.

See Current Openings